Guest Post and Submission Guidelines
MyPamperedPup Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Our Blog is our baby! We're super proud of the content we produce and we attract an audience from far and wide from people passionate about caring for their dogs. We don't just write about our natural dog products - we aim to engage anyone & everyone who loves dogs and cares about the quality of the products they use with them.
We’re always looking for more brilliant contributors to join us on our journey and submit content to share with the world. If you have a topic you'd like to explore and share with our audience of dog owners, vets & animal lovers, we would love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page, it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The Essentials For Every Post We Publish
Successful guest contributions with us are comprehensive, well written and interesting posts that teach our readers something new and engage them on the topics they're passionate about. We do tend to skew our content towards dog grooming, dog care, pampering your dog and posts about general animal care. We're also interested in publishing any topics that our audience of animal lovers care about - we'd be open to talk about any/all topics.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that's been published elsewhere.
- The article reflects the writing style/tone of our Blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon.
- No more than one link to your company's website in the body of the post.
The Different Types Of Post We're Looking For
We’ve worked tirelessly to discover what types of blog post work well for us on our Blog – and those which don’t. Here are some of the successful blog post types we love to receive and publish:
- Cheat Sheets/How-To’s & Tutorials: Do you have some interesting insight of a technique/tool you tried and you can’t wait to share it with the world? Or maybe you’ve discovered a must-share piece of advice that you need to tell everybody? Write about it and send it to us. Over the years we’ve found that our visitors are hungry for as much information as they can get – they want to make their lives and the lives of their pooches better. Either way, a sure-fire way to engage our audience is to submit content that can benefit them in some way.
- Canonical: These types of blog post give readers in-depth tactical information supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes, original graphics and current data. We don’t put a word count on the posts in our blog but we’d recommend that these typically have a minimum word count of at least 1,500 and above to ensure that when the reader is finished they have all the information they could need on this topic.
- Graphics: These types of post rely heavily on an infographic or Slide Share created by you. Usually, these types of posts have a few paragraphs of introductory text and not much else – the headline of this type of content is the infographic itself. The graphic should be comprehensive, easy to read, compelling, well made and properly sourced.
- Controversial Topics: The world animal care & grooming is full of different opinions as to what people do and don’t believe will deliver the most success. If you’re able to tap into this and write something truly compelling, that will also generate a lot of buzz, then please send it to us. Our blog is fundamentally about getting people talking and enabling them to learn something – being controversial is a great way of doing this.
What We Can't Accept
There are just some things which we simply cannot accept:
- Anything that’s been directly posted elsewhere
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that's too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that's offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that's overly critical of individuals or companies -- this is not a site to air grievances.
How To Submit Your Guest Post
Please email your intended submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email “Guest Blog Post Submission – (Your First Name) (Your Surname)”.
It’s always great to give us some background on you/your business as it helps us when we’re promoting this but as standard, you should send:
- Your completed post as a Word Doc.
- Image Files (fully named/labelled) in a separate folder.
- A short bio about yourself including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
If your article meets our guidelines and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to you to let you know your article will be published – it may take up to two weeks to get back to you.